Tuesday, April 10, 2012

This Is It

I can't even believe today is really happening. As I type this, there are three very nice gentlemen packing up the contents of my life. By this time tomorrow, I should be half-way to Knoxville, TN, where we will stop for the night. And 48 hours from now, I will almost to my new home. My mind is boggled just thinking about it.

To say that the last six weeks have been a whirlwind is an understatement. Just a short six weeks ago, I was thinking we were moving to Memphis. I was making big plans for my new life there. Now, here I sit at my kitchen table in what will probably one of the last times, knowing that a week from now I will be unpacking my temporary home in North Carolina.

Life comes at you fast some times. I have stopped myself from breaking down in front of Mr. T. no less than ten times in the past 24 hours. I am trying to be that girl who has moved to seven different states in the past eleven years, and who is usually very good at rolling with the punches. I find myself tearing up over the oddest things. Last night, it was sitting in my closet floor, packing our suitcases. I looked up at the empty closet, and just lost it.

After the movers finish today, all we have left to do is load up the last few boxes that we are taking, touch up the paint where we puttied all the nail holes yesterday, give the house a good, deep clean, and say good-bye. I never would have guessed that when we moved in three years ago, I would be saying good-bye so soon. I sure as hell didn't expect to be moving across the country.

Life is nothing if not unpredictable. So, I guess this is my good-bye letter to my life here. I have loved every minute of living here: in this home, in this state, in this area so close to all of those that I love. I will miss everything I have spent the last three years getting to know about this place, I will miss having been able to see my family and friends. I hate that we couldn't go see them one last time this past weekend, it just didn't work out. But, I keep them in my heart always, so I guess they are never really very far.

See you all on the other side!!

1 comment:

  1. I know how hard it is. your new adventure awaits and I hope our families being closer will make it a good one for us both.

    ReplyDelete